Chiropractic is a conservative, non-invasive health care system that restores proper nerve supply to the body.
Chiropractic adjustments correct subtle spinal or joint dysfunctions, known as subluxations. Ongoing research continues to prove the effectiveness of chiropractic for both humans and animals.
The house pet, the geriatric animal, the canine athlete, and the service or work animal have individual life styles which define their performance levels and determine their health needs.
Chiropractic for animals is complementary to veterinary care. It does not replace conventional veterinary medicine or surgery.
Chiropractic Adjustments can be Employed No Matter What the Age, Condition, or Current Level of Function
- Young animals get a good start on an active life.
- Older animals stay mobile and comfortable.
- Improved performance in any animal.
Animals Should Have
- Balanced posture
- Smooth gait
- Body symmetry
- Uniform muscle tone
- Good range of motion
What Are Some Indications That a Chiropractic Problem is Present? (May Not Be Evident Early On)
- Back or joint pain
- Lack of coordination
- Overall diminished function
- Joint conditions
- Gait abnormalities
- Performance problems
- Neurological disturbances
- Pain relief
- Improved posture
- Greater flexibility
- Enhanced physical performance
- Return to activity after injury
How About Very Large or Very Small Animals?
Chiropractic care has been successful in caring for all types of animals with all types of needs.
Appropriate techniques are used depending on the age, condition, and size of each individual animal. The adjustment may be performed by hand only or in combination with instrumentation.
Goals of Animal Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is an important complement to veterinary care for a healthy animal, prevention of future health problems, and better quality of life.
Some animal owners do not wait for problems to develop. They get their animals checked and adjusted periodically to keep them healthy and avoid performance problems.
Why Would I Choose Chiropractic Care for My Animal?
- If you desire to take advantage of alternative options and wellness choices for your animal when concurrent veterinary medical care is in place
- When you desire an experienced professional who is adequately trained, qualified, and licensed in the profession of chiropractic who has also completed specialized training for animals